turbo truck build up for tracking/Lapping days

Max Engine Max Tech
views 8397
replies 16
following 6

dale   +1y
what will be the price on one
drifting50   +1y
$350 us + shipping this includes turbo exhaust manifold and 2.5"down pipe like in the picture you must state what if any o2 bungs are needed along with egt ones stardard flange is one for a talon turbo you must clock the turbo this give you a lot of dsm turbo options tdo4hl and td05h can make it in a different flange but this will limit your turbo options
droppedmitsu   +1y

Hey RXINHED, just got an intercooler on mine that allows me to keep all the stock a/c lines/condenser/etc... Check out my thread for pics
drifting50   +1y
Took the truck to the track and beat it up some it really needs some new exhaust/intake valve seals. The truck sits to long, it sits for 6 months for the winter and the seals all go for a shit. I need a new oil cap and a proper catch can to take care of the blow-by from the motor I also might put cooling lines to the turbo it may be the reason I destroyed the last one. There is some oil coming from the "new" used turbo but that may go away after some break in time. I know that it shouldn't leak oil but the turbo was sitting for some time so we will see. It's also getting to hot here to run the winter tires that I have on the truck but the only tires I have are some 17 inch inch one's from my wifes BMW she got new one's so now I have to find some 17 inch chev truck rims bc I am running 16 inch ones right now
drifting50   +1y
It been a little while since I replied last we took the truck to the track last Wednesday and we got kicked off the track because of the smoke screen of burning oil it was pretty bad after two laps atleast i got my money back for the lapping day oh and a new development was the leaking fuel tank that put the final nail in the coffen these fuel tanks are of a terrible design two halfs of the tank are spot welded on the edge this is where road salt and dirt collect over the years and rust out the seam and gas leaks anything close to half a tank. This winter, I will remove the box off the truck remove the tank put in a fuel cell and repair the rusted out frame work do some weight reduction to the box to lower the center of gravity and see how that goes.
danielo   +1y
Nice work so far...do you have an update?
drifting50   +1y
Hello everyone, well where do I start it's been a long time since I posted anything to do with the truck. Last time was almost 2 years ago. I mentioned the valve seals where bad. The trucks gas tank was leaking and cause us to get kicked off the race track. Well 2 years later and one divorce later lol. I'm writing the next chapter of the drifting truck. I've been working on this slowly for a month now. This will be another write up on what was done and lots of pictures because everyone loves pictures.
I have to say thanks to everyone, who showed interest and support on the large write ups, which I done on these build ups. It