Max Engine \  turbo truck build up for tracking/Lapping days

turbo truck build up for tracking/Lapping days

Max Engine Max Tech
views 8393
replies 16
following 6

drifting50   +1y
Well where do I start? We built the truck years ago as a
Post was last edited on Jun 10, 2011 11:06. This post has been edited 2 times.
drifting50   +1y
I was up to 5:00am last night before the track day, to get all that done everything worked great. Until the turbo let me down now the truck leaves a giant cloud of oil(burning) when you let off the trottle. My guess it's the thurst bearing in the turbo is shot. It doesn't burn oil at idle, when the oil pressure is low, just at high rpms and loads. I have a TD04HL-16T volvo turbo that I will change out to. I will have to cut off the exhaust manifold flange and replace it with one that will fit the volvo style, and I will redo the exhaust piping to a 3" from 2.5". Then I will raise from the 10 lbs.of boost now on stock cast pistons, and maybe try 15 psi @ redline(5600) up from 5000 we will see

thread post photo

you can see the new bottom air shock mounting to give room for the cross link
thread post photo

You can see the slot that I cut with my mill this made it easy for set up I just drop the truck to the ground with the hoist with the cross bar bolt loose tighten it up all set up there is no suspension play now it's very tight unstreetable works great for drifting
thread post photo

for those of you with good eyes the track bar is off a FWD laser turbo RS I cut about 6 inches off the lengh and the sway bar is from a ford crown vic rear bar 18 mm not the 21 mm from the cop car the rubber mounts are just 18 mm mogg and the end links are off jags/volvo/ford I just went through a parts book until I found ones that I liked
thread post photo

As you can see I used plates and bolts to tighten up the load spring this worked well there is no air in the air shocks but when I took it to the track I had 20psi in them
thread post photo

sway bar mounts where made by 3 plates weld together and axal round cut out with a plasma cutter it nice to have all the toys
thread post photo

School bus intercooler and laser RS oil cooler yes there is a little cutting of the rad cradle and of the bumper mounts but it looks stock from the outside grill/bumper are in the stock location no real indication of whats underneath
thread post photo

thread post photo
rxinhed   +1y
You're running a 2.0, 2.4, or 2.6 turbo?

Second, with the bus intercooler, obviously no ac? I am looking for a small IC to use on my turbo max and still retain the AC.
drifting50   +1y
2.4l sohc 4g64 turbo no a/c
droppedmitsu   +1y
I'm also looking for a front mount that I can run and still keep a/c. Let me know if you find anything rxinhed and I'll do the same
drifting50   +1y
Well it looks like I will miss today
slow50   +1y
nice.
dale   +1y
Did you make that mani if so how did you do it and what all would i need to make my 90mm 2.4 turbo
drifting50   +1y
Dale read all my other posts about turbocharging the 4g64 sohc. Iam in the process of building to sell turbo manifolds and downpipes with different exhaust flanges on them to fit other turbo's. If you have any other questions please ask. thanks
dale   +1y
Cool man thanks