threads
Page 1 of 1
Ranger Exterior \  Mazda to Ranger front clip?

Mazda to Ranger front clip?

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 874
replies 5
following 3

crazymikey   +1y
Since the Mazdas laxk the aftermarket support the Rangers get, has anyone ever swapped front clips from a Mazda to Ranger front clip?

Would the hood,fenders,bumper,lights and grille all bolt up with little to no mods to the rad saddle? If not,what would need to be added/removed/relocated/modified?

Just curious as I am interested in swapping my front end for an 2002 Ranger front end and swapping my bed for a Ranger bed,but keeping the Mazda tailgate and using the Mazda emblem on the Ranger grille....just to freak people out.

Appreciate the input!
slammedxonair   +1y
only other thing i can think of that you listed would be the header panel that holds the headlights andd grill in place.
crazymikey   +1y
yeah that's what I meant by rad saddle..not familar with the underpinning construction of the Rangers as I am with the 86-93 Mazdas.

Suppose the header swap wouldn't be a big deal. Cut and weld!
slammedxonair   +1y
actually I think its smc composite basically like a fiberglass and bolts in.
baha   +1y
yeah Brian is right you will need the header panel but mike when you say radiator saddle do you mean core support? The part of the body the radiator bolts to? (you won't need that part)

Also the factory hood on your mazda is the same as the ranger unless you want the edge hood.

I should try to see if I can find Brenton he's actually done the swap.
crazymikey   +1y
Yeah core support,that's what I meant. Basically,whatever the grille and lights all attach to.

man,I really want to make a Mazda Ranger bastard child! haha
Page 1 of 1