Page 1 of 2
Ranger Exterior \  Lemme get this straight

Lemme get this straight

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 3888
replies 15
following 7

oldsklminitrk   +1y
Im changing my front end and I remember a thread someone changed there 93 to a 98 front end and all I will need is a header panel,hood,bumper and valance...and of course the lights.....no change of fenders.Or what do I have to do?
drgitfgt   +1y
no, unless you cut the corners of your fenders, you'll need fenders too. mine's a '95 and I was gonna change mine to the '98-00 front end so I looked into it..

I've decided now to just go to a different front end though
spngr311   +1y
Honestly, I like the 93-97 front ends better than the 98-00. 01-03 is my favorite though.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Hmm Ok that gives me a good idea then cause Im trying not to do anything to the truck that requires alot of work and I thought the front end swap would be easy....I might just revamp the front end
baha   +1y
Hey Rodney you will also have to replace the core support, splice in part of the 98+ wiring harness for your parking lamps, and change the hood latch. The hood hinges should be fine. What year is your Ranger? If it is 94 and earlier you will also have to change the radiator or fab some brackets for your existing radiator. Buying the 98+ fenders would make it alot easier but with your experience I'm sure you would be able to do the entire swap in maybe a weekend or so.
baha   +1y
oh yea forgot if your truck has A/C you will either have to deal with the a/c condensor but again it's not that big of a deal
drgitfgt   +1y
Kyle from Pp has the grey extended cab Ranger one twinkies....it's a '93 and he's got the newer Edge front end on his...it's sweeeeeeeet..

..another favorite Ranger of mine

haha
bodydropped85   +1y
the a/c and rad should bolt right in, as they use the same mounting holes. only thing bout splicing in teh wiring harness for the 2nd blinker/park light is ull run into flasher probs and will have to change the flasher so it wont fast blink lik a bulb is out. i would just wire the 2nd one to just parking lights so you wont have that prob.
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Hmmmm ok this lets me know what I gotta do...since I Know changing a front end is gonna take some work I might go for the gusto and do something crazy...dunno yet if I can find a full phantom for my 93 Id do that instead of changing everything...anyone know where one of them is at?Ill keep all of this in mind when I start buying stuff....
drgitfgt   +1y
who's the guy that was featured in MiniTruckin' 3 times that has shaved corners and a full phantom on a 93-97 body style? he would be the guy to talk to

...or eBay