Page 1 of 2
Ranger Exterior \  front end for my Ranger

front end for my Ranger

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 6786
replies 16
following 12

95lowtide   +1y
im thinking about doing some front end work to my Ranger (95 Ranger Splash...flareside bed) and i have several options. those options are:

option 1: get new headlights, corner lamps and a billet grille

option 2: Ford Explorer front end conversion

option 3: Mercury Mountaineer front end conversion

which one do you all think i should do? its a tough decision because i like all the options.

if i do either the Explorer or Mountaineer conversion, does all the parts fit on with hardly any modification? such as fenders, headlights....etc. if there is any type of modification, what all is involved? thanks!
dirty   +1y
for the explorer and mountaineer clips there is rather heavy modification to the front fenders to make them fit. it can be done as mine is in the process right now of having the explorer clip.

if you like the ranger front end then i would just update the lights with some diamond cut headlights and corners and use an all chrome grill. i had that setup before i went with the explorer and it looked really good.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
my splash with diamond clear healdights n corners n 3 billet grilles

thread post photo
95lowtide   +1y
that looks really good CJ. nice and clean bro.
96rangerxlt   +1y
ive started explorer clipping mine a while back. you need to graft the curve where the headlights go from the explorer fender onto the ranger fender. also, the explorer hood has a little different curve than the top of the ranger fender so you will have to work it some to make it straight. the header panel doesn't bolt up perfectly, but if you swap the explorer brackets from the drivers to the passengers side and vice versa there is enough adjustment to bolt it up. also need to rewire the blinkers. explorer headlights/corners have more bulbs than a ranger.
scrp1day   +1y
go explorer those look bad ass. and sorry to go off topic but lookin sic cj!
bodydropranger   +1y
go with a navigator front clip or a mountaineer, to be different...
exploitedcustoms.com   +1y

navigator will need HEAVY fabrication.
New Mountaineer will also require a lot of fabrication also.
Aviator requires a lot of fabrication
daweezi   +1y
id go with a mountaineer
hotboxd   +1y
well, i'm throwing this out there: i've only seen 1 mountaineer front end ranger, and the pic was like 100x100, so i say do it and get me some good pics.