threads
Page 1 of 1
Ranger Exterior \  How was this hood done (from Blooddrag)

How was this hood done (from Blooddrag)

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 1984
replies 9
following 5

spngr311   +1y

There's another one that was done like that (a black body dropped guy from South Florida - I saw it in the coverage and at a show down here). Does anyone know how these hoods were done? Both were on Xlt's, newer than 97 so it wasn't a steel cowl welded to the hood. Also, they look to be 98+ hoods because they do line up from the hood to the grille.
exploitedcustoms.com   +1y
Custom made I do believe.
There are steel and aluminum hoods. I believe that the FX4 is steel. Well atleast the fx4 ranger I owned for alittle bit was.
bodydropped85   +1y
some one actually makes that hood, its not a 1 off.
spngr311   +1y
I know which one you are thinking of:

I checked for it on RPS (I noticed his truck on there before - and searched for the wheels he uses). He says it's a custom steel hood (from his cardomain site).

I pm'ed him for some more info. But it looks like he just modified the Reflexxion hood.
baha   +1y
From what I remember I think he told me they cut the cowl part off of the aftermarket hood and molded it to his stock hood since both were metal
bodydropped85   +1y
o ithought it was aftermarket. whoops.
spngr311   +1y
James is right. It was just a steel hood that he sectioned to get more cowl out of it.
tritonv8   +1y
u really think that hood fits w/ a ranger?
tritonv8   +1y
i really didnt know its cool.
spngr311   +1y
It does fit when you need the extra room under the hood for a bodydrop or a supercharger. Thanks for the usefulness of your posts.
Page 1 of 1