threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Exterior \  Going to a 04-up front end.

Going to a 04-up front end.

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 2681
replies 11
following 7

itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Since im switching front ends I figured I would let yall know if you going to a 04 and up you will need a newer header panel cause the grill pieces under the headlights are actually made into the header panel like the 93-97 rangers were, but other than that everything else seems to be the same bolt in crap.
Also make sure you can get a hook up from ford if you got to go through them cause the markup on parts is amazing, a $350 hood will cost you about $600 after they get done with you.
hotboxd   +1y
so do you have a hood you'll be getting rid of...?
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Naw sorry its going on my other truck that will prob never see the light of day.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
Nice... I'm planning the the 04-05 front end on my splash after its bagged... I heard issues of the fenders not lining up with the hood! And i heard that hood had a hefty price tag!
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Yeah here is a brief idea oh how much itll be

Item-----------------List Price-------Hook-up Dealer Cost Price

Grille-----------------$137.85----------$92.64

Headerpanel--------$107.37-----------$72.15

Hood assembly-----$560.47-----------$376.63

Lw Bumper w/fogs--$355.13-----------$238.65

Fender 98-up-------$125.57------------$84.38

Huge Ford Emblm--$39.58--------------$26.60

01-up headlight
reatainer clip-------$10.93--------------$7.35
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
ya i'll jus be using the fenders, grille, hood, header panel, headlights, clear corners and i'm going a different route w/ a bumper i dont like the edge bumpers much anymore cuz they r just about EVERY where...
framedraggin94   +1y
the fenders are different,ive done the swap.they might look the same but there not!..are u saying u know someone to hook u up on those prices?cus i paid alot more for a hood than that..call the dealer and ask for part#s on the fenders to se for ur self.
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Yeah a friend of mine works there, so he got me the discount. The 04-up hood cost alot more than the Edge hood did when I bought it anyway.
ranger0n20s   +1y
your going to an 04 front end, i have a 04 ext ranger, i wanna go to an edge front end...hmm...maybe we could do some trading
bodydropped85   +1y
lol all his stuff is in the paint shop now....