Ranger Exterior \  Shaving Mirrors

Shaving Mirrors

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 1250
replies 7
following 4

layin-frame-95   +1y
Hey guys,

My truck is in the bodyshop getting shaved and painted, but the guy doing it isn't sure about shaving the mirrors. I have a '95 Ranger with the BIG black mirrors and I am wanting to put motorcycle mirrors on it. The problem is that the guy doing the work can't figure out what to do as far as making a plate, or whatever needs to be done so that it looks good. He said that the plate he made didn't fit right(as far as the window molding goes). So I was hoping somebody that has shaved their mirrors might know what needs to be done. I have looked on here and Streetsource for pictures, but the ones I find that are shaved aren't at a good angle to tell what they did.

Thanx, in advance

Rob
baha   +1y
he has access to a sheet metal break right? he will probably have to make the filler plate go to the pinch weld of the door if you post a picture I'll show you what I'm talking about
scrp1day   +1y
what are you doing with the factory mirrors?
bodydropped85   +1y
ive seen full size chevys do this. takin the stock mirror, grinding it off, fiberglassing it to be flat and puttin motor cycle mirrors on it. will be doin this soon so mite do a write up
layin-frame-95   +1y
He said something about using the factroy mounts to put the motorcycle mirrors on, so that is probably what we will have to do. If I don't use them, I will be selling them.

Rob
baha   +1y
that would be pretty clean
scrp1day   +1y
should look good take some pics of the process if you can.
layin-frame-95   +1y
Well, my truck is almost done, and the mirrors didn't get shaved. I found a ranger in the Sept. '05 Sport Truck that has shaved mirrors, and now I have a good idea of what has to be done, so that I don't have to use the factory mounts. I will have to wait a little while though to try to redo the mirrors, since the doors will have to be redone, and I am now broke from my truck and Christmas. I will post picks when my truck is back, and then again when I do shave my mirrors.

Later,

Rob
Page 1 of 1