Page 1 of 2
Ranger Exterior \  Modding 01+ tails to fit on a 98

Modding 01+ tails to fit on a 98

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 2650
replies 18
following 9

mark98xlt   +1y
Ok I have done the 00 conversion, I know drill the hole and such that was no problem it was a breeze on the 00 tails since they still have the 3 chambers. Now on the 01's do I just drill a hole underneath the brake light to put in the turn signal it should operate just like they do with the 2 bulb setup right? Uou should see the turn singal enough with the brake on right? Next question is I see they changed the reverse light setup I know its at the top but the mounting tabs on the bulb are different to, do I dremel them to fit? Has anyone done this so they can put 01 tails on their rigs 99 and down?
bodydropped85   +1y
couldnt u just swap the the harness from a 01 up?
mark98xlt   +1y
costs money I do not have lol How much are they from ford.
scrp1day   +1y
i had to get new harness for my left and i got it at a junkyard out of an explorer for 2 bucks junkyards are god sends! check there before you go makin the ford family any more money
bodydropped85   +1y
yea some pull apart places have shit cheep as shit. u could just put the turn signals in the clear part and not have back up lights...
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
A harness wont do you any good if you dont have the right setup to begin with. Here is a diagram of what I did on one of my trucks.

bodydropped85   +1y
tahts what i was gona suggest to but i couldnt think of the dam name for it lol.
daweezi   +1y
shiiit i might have to use that diagram and get me some new tails
mark98xlt   +1y
how much one of those set you back?
tiger   +1y
rodgers make teH best diagrams