threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Exterior \  Caddy tails question???

Caddy tails question???

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 2295
replies 12
following 6

roush   +1y
I need some help here body guys. I'm thinking about doing the caddy tails on my stepside, ya I know they are getting played out but I like the look, and was wondering how you mold in the steel light buckets to the 'glass bed sides. I know I'll have to make some kinda tail light filler but should that be made from 'glass or use metal? I've molded my own 'glass rollpan in so I'm used to the tiger hair and what not, just need some help.

Thanks
baha   +1y
There's so manyways you could do this man, If it were me, I would make the fillers out of fiberglass and also the caddy buckets out of glass, by masking the caddy buckets and glassing over them, then making mounting holes. Make sure you roughen up the edges of the bedside before you glass to it. Fiberglass is fun lol
dirty   +1y

here ya go doug
that should help ya out
bodydropped85   +1y
yea id cover ur stock tails in packing tape and just make some fillers otua fiberglass.
daweezi   +1y
wow that was good find man
bodydropped85   +1y
yea ud prob have ot make some fiber glass buckets to but i think they already make those im not sure...
roush   +1y
93 2wd, thanks man! just one more project added to the list...lol

Baha...just to make sure, use the steel caddy buckets as a mold for the 'glass?
the twanksta   +1y
damn that truck from that link is freakin nice! why hasnt he been ona cover? or has he?
daweezi   +1y
yea i really like that truck too
baha   +1y

Yea man thats what I would do, I would also glass the back side to so later on you can drill holes and use those plastic thread inserts for screws to mount the tail lights in the buckets, have a factory type of install.