Page 1 of 1
Ranger Exterior \  Windshield removal

Windshield removal

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 1110
replies 8
following 4

baha   +1y
Anyone done this to a late model ranger? I'm removing my front windshield for painting I just don't want to spend $100 to have it removed then another $100 to install it when I'm going to replace it anyway
bodydropped85   +1y
sledge hammer.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
i helped the guy replace mine on my 96... he used a special knife that was kinda of hooked shape and cut the weather stripping all the way around and i helped him pull it out and he used the knife to clean off the old glue/ urethane sealant and do then put the new seal around the new window i had him put it and use the urethane sealant to glue the weatherstripping in... dont let the window get wet for a day... i'm about to do my rear window in the next few weeks so i need to get a new seal and sum urethane sealant to do that
bodydropped85   +1y
rEAR WIndows are easy, fronts area biach
baha   +1y
how do you do the rear? its on a 93 std cab so it would probably be like yours jizza, CJ the rear on ext cabs and newer models just unbolt but make sure you heat it up first. rear easy
bodydropped85   +1y
i use 2 screw drivers, pry out the rubber from the inside and out side at the same time
baha   +1y
thanks jizza! im gona try that tomorrow
jackedup99   +1y
rear windows in a 93+ ext cab are bolted in and have the urethane seal

and then i think 98+ reg cabs are bolted in as well with the seal

I replaced me rear window when i broke it last winter, leaks like a bitch, i need to redo it, make sure on the rear window you place urethane sealer on the truck AND the window's edge so it makes a good seal, i only did the one side and its not sealed right
baha   +1y
i wish this one unbolted like in my green truck, H seal wasn't that bad but bolts are better
Page 1 of 1