Page 1 of 2
Ranger Exterior \  steel roll pan molding

steel roll pan molding

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 2971
replies 17
following 10

95lowtide   +1y
i got a Sir Michael's steel roll pan on my 95 Splash. i am wanting to mold it to the bed (since its fiberglass) so it looks the rear end look smoother. anywho, i was wondering (for those that have a flareside bed and a molded roll pan) what did you all use to mold it in? thanks!! heres a pic of the rear of my truck for reference as to what it looks like now:

daweezi   +1y
im interested in this info to because i plan on getting a smoothie roll pan for my stepside
the twanksta   +1y
I have the same roll pan but I didnt put it on myself so I really dont know how they did it...im guessing bondo though..mine hasnt cracked yet so its cool.
baha   +1y
im curious to, i have an idea how to do it but i duno how you could do it cause even with metal beds you have to form the roll pan to the bed, it never fits perfect unless you shape it a little while molding it in
tuckin eh   +1y
I alway get the same answer whenever I ask. a product called Fusor is alway the product of choice. i think the site is
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
shit just jbweld it, and ride out. and when it starts to break and you get pissed sell it and buy you a fiberglass one and skip that problem.
baha   +1y
have to try some of that fusor
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
i've heard good things about the fuzor and will prob give thata s hot to modl on the smoothie rollpan i jus picked up thats steel
daweezi   +1y
baha we can try some of that fusor whenever i get a smoothie pan for my truck
bodydropped85   +1y
all fusor is is panel bond. the shit is dam tought, i would trimp the pan back to fit flush w/ the bedsides and weld a lip to the inside of it like your makeing it a bolton pan, grind all the paint off the part were ur going to bond it also. use a generouis amount of panel bond(fusor or whatever) inbetween the bedside adn the roll pan. u HAVE to clamp it and let it sit for atleast 24 hours to fully cure. i would then go over it w/ at least 3 layers of thick fiberglass matt(availble at your local lowes/home(minitruck)depot) on the back side. use duraglass(fiberglass bondo) as your first 2 coats of plastic on the front then skim it block it prime it block it prime it skuff it paint it .