Page 1 of 2
Ranger Exterior \  Upgrading Wiring and HIDs

Upgrading Wiring and HIDs

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 2894
replies 16
following 7

blackranger93   +1y
Okay I found a site thats got an easy wiring harness/plug that lets you use HIDs. well here they stuff im wanting

the Link
robert0035   +1y
Those arent Hids dont waste you money
tiger   +1y
They may not be, but for $25, they are much better then $50 SilverStars.

As to the harness, don't get it, it's not doing a damn thing other then having another connection to get loose and lose volts through. You need a relay triggered harness to run those bulbs. You go from the stock harness to the relay, and from the relay to the new harness and the bulb plugs into that, with power coming directly from the battery. The above harnesses will still fry your stock harnesses from too many amps.

Those are the same bulbs I run, expect mine are H4, not 9007

reflectorcollectin_ranger   +1y
waste 'o' money
daweezi   +1y
^^^agreed
tiger   +1y
yall are just jealous cause my lights kick ass, lol
blackranger93   +1y
yea im prolly gopnna go with the SUVlights harness jus to be safe its under $60 not a real big waste of money
bodydropped85   +1y
get a lower wattage bulb and u wont have any problems. i have 80/100s in my 85 and never had a problem outof the harness. just make sure u got a good ground.
blackranger93   +1y
what kind do you have?
itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
Man some people will sell anything, just put some good bulbs in there get some light bulb grease to put on the connections and make sure they are good and tight If you have it loose a little it will start arcing and then the arc will get bigger and itll either short out or catch on fire, fire being the best choice since its surrounded in plastic.
Those wiring harness dont mean shit unless everything is upgraded and that means going all the way to the switch,fuse,and then its path to the battery.