threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Exterior \  Good plastic interior paint?

Good plastic interior paint?

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 1766
replies 10
following 9

itsarealedgeiswear   +1y
I got a explorer console for my truck recently and the gray color between it and my dash are a drastic difference, whats a good paint to use to either try to match it up or just paint it black? Also if you done it and have pics I would appreciate it.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
Krylon Fusion works pretty good but starts to chip after a while... There is this stuff called: "BullDog Adhesion Promotor" which works real well to get paint to stick to anything.
baha   +1y
man don't use spray paint thats cheap lol, I have some special primer that bonds to plastic pretty well you can use, what about vinyl dye
daweezi   +1y
yea dont use the spray stuff...thats y only half of my dash is done, because i decided i didnt like how it was coming out...although it still looks better than it did
t baggin98   +1y
i used that rattle can to paint my interior the first time and it took no time to start chippin. that with usein primer and clear coat. then i got smart and redid everything with car paint.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
my fusion last about a yr b4 i started cracking an di redid it w/ rattle can Dupli-Color primer, base n clear and it came out great... i'm really happy with the quality so far... we'll see how it lasts
bodydropped85   +1y
haha make sure u clean it REAL good, adhesion promoter then paint what ever feel like on it. aint even gota sand.
robert0035   +1y
Dont paint dye it to match your dash
reflectorcollectin_ranger   +1y
honestly man, if you putting all the work into your truck and want painted stuff, don't use the dye stuff, it will never work properly. It may be alot more work but i would recommend just tearing it all out, fibreglassin it all and painting it with automotive paint, or doing some sort of fabric. The vynal dye never holds up, i've seen it time and time again just cracking or fading or just not holding up.
spngr311   +1y
If you aren't really donig anything spectacular to your dash, why not just find a center console that actually matches? You just have to wait to find the right one. It's very hard to match it exactly to the paint code (from my experience, but I'm not great with paint).

That's what I did for my truck and my g/f's truck and both match exactly.