Page 1 of 2
Ranger Exterior \  Painting trim

Painting trim

Ranger Exterior Ranger Tech
views 1932
replies 11
following 5

blackranger93   +1y
Im gonna be doing some painting on the plastic(grey) fender and bumper what is a good sand grit to use that will make it very smooth? Ill prolly use some black bumper paint and i'll be putting in fog lights
those blue lights are ruined they got too much moisture to em.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
60-200 to ruff it up for primer, 400-800 to smooth before paint, and i choose to use 1500-3000 to smooth the paint and clear coat i used 2000-4000 grit and use a nice polishing compound after the clear has dried 24 hours
blackranger93   +1y
thanks i'll prolly do it this weekend; i'm j/w where did you get that grill at?
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
haha.. i made it, will have a write up on how to do it in the next few weeks when i'm not too lazy to just write it up!
blackranger93   +1y
yea i got bored one day and thought about it; all ya really gotta do is cut out the inside and bondo some of the pieces and it would look awsome
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y
glass is stronger and doesnt recess in if you do it right... ill have a write up done soon.. maybe ill do aother grille and sell it when i'm done so i got something good to get pictures of while i do it cuz i didnt take much when i did mine
spngr311   +1y
If you can get a piece of the plastic, you can plastic weld it.
xxxxcjxxxx   +1y

do you suggest Mig, Tig or maybe some JB Weld??? jus fucking w/ ya
bodydropped85   +1y
no use a plastic welder they do make them. i would just shoot some adhesion promotor on it(after u get all the armor all and crap off) then spray away. when u sandit u dont get in the lil spots between the texture and it looks like dog ass. also ull scratch the shit out of it.
wht01ranger   +1y
yer grille really is unique dude..i like it, good job...i've never really noticed it till now