Page 1 of 2
Ranger Projects \  4links

4links

Ranger Projects
views 3026
replies 13
following 7

shavenotbagged   +1y
Hey im kinda stuck on what to do wif a 4link setup anyone got pics of there trucks like i seen on in front of the axle and some in the rear of it idk which is better and what to do any pics would help thanx
96rangerxlt   +1y
You definitely want to run a forward facing 4 link. Reverse 4 links transfer energy in the front directions. Check out Gravity-Werx. for some awesome 4 links. I am running one of my truck and it is very nice.

baha   +1y
either will work man, but setting up a forward 4 link right is easier then reverse, and you won't have to worry about haters as much

[/code]
draginassranger   +1y
you can check out my install. it is a suicide doors 4 link but they are all pretty much the same.
baha   +1y
Dragginassranger has alot of good pics on his site

here is a diagram I drew a long time ago lol

bodydropped85   +1y
baha that pic is sweet, but ona a ranger u have run the bars the other way on the uppers. put the center of the bars at the front over the drive shaft and the others close to the notch since you cnat weld to the pumpkin.
shavenotbagged   +1y
Ok here is my other ? to all of that I was told from this guy i kno whe has his stuff bagged, an he told me that if i mount my bads on the bars close to the pivot point i would get more lift is this true cause i bought 2600 for the rear is this true that i will get more lift
bodydropped85   +1y
mopre lift yes, better ride no
wht01ranger   +1y
there is a median of things, too close to the pivot with some soft ass firestone bags aint gonna work for you, slam's could pull it off though

just put it in the middle of the bar with a 2:1 ratio and you should be good
96rangerxlt   +1y
Yeah you definitely don't want to run the bags too close to the pivot point. I did that the first time me and James setup my 4 link. It got like 15 inches of lift out of a firestone 2600, but it made the suspension really soft. I could lay into the throttle hard it would just plant the ass end on the ground. It did it even with Slam RS62's in the back. The problem with mounting them on the bar on my truck was that they had to be really far forward to clear the 20's. I am just switching to mounting them behind the axle.