Page 1 of 1
Ranger Projects \  HOUSE OF HORNS!! - Install by Proven Power Tampa

HOUSE OF HORNS!! - Install by Proven Power Tampa

Ranger Projects
views 1150
replies 3
following 2

the twanksta   +1y
This will be my second set of train horns from Matt at Hornblasters.com! This is the full blown kit, 5 gallon air tank, Viair 480C 200PSI compressor, 165-200psi pressure switch, 4-horn shocker kit and all 1/2" air lines.

The horns do not come with any mounting brackets and minimal hardware so James at Proven Power had to do a bit of fabricating to get them on my truck.

Here we have already measured out some flat steel to make our "House of Horns"
thread post photo

Cutting the steel plating to spec.
thread post photo

thread post photo

Getting there..
thread post photo

thread post photo

James is cleaning up the edges to prepare them to be welded together.
thread post photo

Welding them together now..
thread post photo

The finished product by Proven Power!
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

We used the same bar that we used to make the "house of horns" and attached it across the truck to each frame rail for the horn assembly to bolt onto.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Now, we wanted the function of both the factory horn and the train horns, but not at the same time. So we installed two toggle switches, 1 to turn on/off the compressor and the other toggles between the factory and the train horns. My ranger has an arm rest that you can move up or down and the bottom was the PERFECT location for these switches!

Here, James has the arm rest apart to wire in the switches.
thread post photo

Completed and full functional without any wires showing.
thread post photo

I wanted to mount the tank/compressor underneath of the truck but there was just nowhere for them to fit. So we made a platform for the tank/compressor to sit on in the truck bed for a clean install.
thread post photo
baha   +1y
I like the logo on that back wall of his shop thats killer! How can you still like train horns after Slam Fest you where there
the twanksta   +1y
I gotta have my horns!
the twanksta   +1y
Thread updated!
Page 1 of 1