threads
Page 1 of 2
Ranger Projects \  A little more progress...

A little more progress...

Ranger Projects
views 3390
replies 19
following 6

layinlow95   +1y
Like it says got a little bit more done to the truck...I got both sides stripped, i had another pic but the cam. died and didnt take it i guess...

thread post photo

But i hope to have it all stripped inside and out and have the cab off this weekend... im also doing this by myself, so it takes a little time to tear it down, i work most of the day soi dont get much time to work on it.... lmk what u think!
draginassranger   +1y
reminds me of doing mine. haha...what are the plans for it?
layinlow95   +1y
This is the truck that will be getting the 99 front frame swap, and the 01 edge front end. It will also be bagged and SFBD soon!
scrp1day   +1y
gonna be awseome. good luck with it all! keep us updated
baha   +1y
hey man you should keep all the pics in one thread lol it's hard to remember where you started, so tearing it down huh?
layinlow95   +1y
haha yeah, i was just thinking about that... when i post another post later this weekend ill put all my pics in it...sorry bout that. But yes im tearing her down!
bodydropped85   +1y
i wouldnt waste my time w/ a 98 up front suspension....

i would just build a whole new frame. ford ranger frames/suspensions are junk.
scrp1day   +1y
so you would sugest a full custom? or would using a different brands suspension ie tacoma or s10?
96rangerxlt   +1y
i would either do yota or full custom. Mustang II is another feasible option but pricy. it would be really easy to buy a complete toyota front clip and build all 2x3 rails under the cab and bed. i would recommend that to anyone over a full 2x3 frame unless you have ALOT of fabrication and suspension experience. The first 3 feet of frame are the most complicated. you have to take into account the core support, the engine crossmember, steering, control arms and mounts, motor mounts, and everything else. the control arm mounting locations have to be correct, steering geometry must be correct, there are so many different factors in a full custom build. plus there is alot of work done that most people dont notice. unless you understand the ackerman principle and how suspension geomerty works (caster, camber, toe, bumpsteer, etc.) i would go with a yota clip. you can get one from a junkyard for fairly cheap. 98+ ranger stuff is ok for bagged trucks that arent that low. with 98+ ranger clip, you still have an engine crossmember that hangs far below the frame plus a spindle that is a mile tall. 98+ rangers with big wheels and bodydrops have camber just as bad as an ibeam truck if not worse.
96rangerxlt   +1y
and by toyota clip, i mean the late 80s and early 90s yotas, not the tacos.