Ranger Projects \  started bagging the Ranger

started bagging the Ranger

Ranger Projects
views 6737
replies 30
following 13

95lowtide   +1y
Day 1:

i started bagging the Ranger this weekend starting with the rear. we (my room mate and i) got a late start because i didnt get off work until 9pm EST on saturday. i pull the truck into the shop and got to taking stuff apart. first, i pulled the plastic bedliner out and me and wes (my room mate) took it outside to get to the bolts that hold hold the bed onto the frame. they were a bitch to take out but we got them done thanks to the help of a little PB Blaster. picture of bed off truck:

after we got the bed off we proceeded to take off the spare tire and then the crossmember by grinding the rivets off that was under the bed. dont worry, i have a bridge kit that will strengthen the rear up like it should. picture of taking the crossmember off:

after getting the crossmember off we took out the rear away bar, the shocks and the leaf springs. picture of all that stuff removed:

after getting the leaf springs off we took them apart to mono leaf it and then put the mono leafs back on. we decided to call it a night after getting that done because it was roughly 3am because we were both tired and hungry and decided to go to IHOP for some food and coffeee. anywho, we are going back today (sunday) to get ALOT more done and hopefully be dragging the rear VERY soon. more pics and whatever else coming as we make progress.
snooptodd   +1y
Lookin' good so far. Can't wait to see it completed.
isuzueh   +1y
sweet man looking good
95lowtide   +1y
yeah just soo much stuff to do...lol. i never knew there was so much stuff you have to do beforehand before you can even notch it and what-not. i HOPE we can get it knocked out today or at least most of it at least.
isuzueh   +1y
yea its definetly alot of work especially the rear
daweezi   +1y
man looking like a great start...im now feeling like im the only person not bagged or in the process of doing so
95lowtide   +1y
LOL i know how ya feel Daweezi. its taken me a long time to get this far.
snooptodd   +1y
Don't feel left out. My truck was static dropped for 8 years. You can only do as much as you have the money for.
scrp1day   +1y
im with you weezi. and snoop i know its gonna be another god forsaken before i can start baggin mine. but looks good lowtide i always like your two tone treatment cant wait to see you drag that bitch!
shavenotbagged   +1y
dude im not bagged and i already shaved a cple things on my truck i want bags now but i also cant afford all of it right now so dont worry ull get it