threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Wheels Tires \  1984 B2000 10k Miles w/Original Tires; Correct PSI?

1984 B2000 10k Miles w/Original Tires; Correct PSI?

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 643
replies 5
following 4

Puska 35.M   +1y
I recently bought this truck, it still has the original Bridgestone SE's on it. I don't think they've ever been rotated. The manual says to inflate the front to 26psi, and the rear to 34psi.

I have never encountered a vehicle that specified a lower PSI for the front. Does anyone have any experience with how this will turn out? I'm inclined to inflate all 4 to 34psi.

Can anyone elaborate on this?
Cusser   +1y
That's what psi I use on my '88 B2200, what the door sticker says. If it is really 10K and pristine, post some photos, and tell us "the story".
befarrer   +1y
I think if it has the original tires from 1984 on it, I would not trust them. They are 31 years old, and probably rotten.
Cusser   +1y
I was thinkin' this would be more of a show truck than driven a lot. I agree about the age of tires though, most say not to use tires over like 8 years no matter what they look like or even stored in a warehouse.
1986b2000   +1y
I've been told its personal preference. I don't want to have 26 psi up front and other members have agreed. I run 35 all around in my '86 B2000. That's just my personal preference though. But yes as cusser said please post some photos
Puska 35.M   +1y
It's not pristine. It just has low miles and no rust.

It was owned since new by a wealthy gentleman; he had a large yard, and bought it for his workers to do work around his house. So it has dings and dents. That put about 5k on it over the years. Then he sold it to some kid who put another 5k on it last year.

I bought it as something nice to toodle around in during the summer.
Page 1 of 1