Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.2L \  1992 b2200 jerks from dead stop

1992 b2200 jerks from dead stop

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 607
replies 2
following 2

cenglish11   +1y
I really would appreciate it if someone could tell me what is causing my truck to jerk when I move from a dead stop in 1st gear.
It also does it 2nd . It s been doing the jerking in 2nd for a while now. Just this morning the 1st gear jerking started. I bought the truck new in 92 . It has 327,787 miles and has had the clutch replaced about 100,000 miles ago.
Also truck is now vibrating at idle. I checked for loose bolts on the under carriage and engine compartment and did not find any. I'm wondering if something in the clutch area is causing this like a bearing or warped clutch plate. Thank you in advance for any information.
Cusser   +1y
Have you ever had the two engine mounts replaced? Mine were in two pieces each when I replaced them a couple of years ago. There's also a transmission mount. And you have 1.5 times the miles on yours (congratulations).
norwoodn   +1y
Have you done a minor tune up at all?? Something tells me it may be ignition system related. Start by replacing distributor cap rotor and ignition coil and wires!
Page 1 of 1