Mazda 2.6L \  2.6 misfire

2.6 misfire

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1004
replies 5
following 3

cdx825   +1y
Hello

I recently just picked up a b2600i and I'm looking for some help. The truck is in pretty good shape for an ohio truck and only has 92,000 miles on it. The problem is it has a misfire I can't figure out. It gets worse as the truck warms up.

So far I have replaced
Spark plugs
Wires
Cap and Rotor and distributor.
Ignition coil
ECM
O2 sensor

None of witch seemed to help with the misfire. I took a video to show what its doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kULR5Kb8OtM

I'm also looking for the timing procedure as well having replaced the distributor. I picked up a chiltons manual but all it mentions is 5 degrees with test connector grounded. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to the Mazda scene. Thanks!
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
It sounds like you might have a vacuum leak maybe between the intake manifold and the head, seeing it gets worse when the engine warms up. Use a can of carb cleaner with a pin point nozzle and spray it around while the engine idles and that might help you isolate where the leak is coming from.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Another thing you might want to do is a compression check. Your video shows a dead miss and a compression check could isolate that issue to a burned valve.
cdx825   +1y
Tried the can of carb cleaner trick but did not find and vacuum leaks. I don't think it could be a valve because at times it will run just fine. Starting to wonder if its a bad injector.
befarrer   +1y
Did you check the ECM circuit board for the typical capacitor leakage? That seems to usually cause the idle to not work and not a miss, but anything is possible. There are write-ups on this forum on what to look for.
cdx825   +1y
I swapped in a remanufactured ecm figuring that may be the issue and it didn't make any difference.

Still looking for info on how to set the timing as well.
Page 1 of 1