Page 1 of 2
Mazda Projects \  1990 Cab Plus, Mild Static Drop

1990 Cab Plus, Mild Static Drop

Mazda Projects
views 2937
replies 10
following 3

adamlesnansky   +1y
I just ordered all the parts to begin my lowering project. My plans are to de-arch the leafs and add a set of three inch blocks, re index the t bars 2 splines, and install shorter shocks on all four corners. Hopefully have it done this weekend for the Salem Super Cruise next weekend!
the lizard king   +1y
What shocks (manufacturer, stock #, etc) are you going to use? Just curious, because my truck has never been lowered.
adamlesnansky   +1y
Monroe 59360 in the front, 59017 in the rear. Fronts are 2.5" shorter than stock, rears are 1.5" shorter. I realize that I'll be dropping farther than that, but those were the shortest I could find in monroe.
the lizard king   +1y

Thanks.
adamlesnansky   +1y

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
adamlesnansky   +1y
I didn't end up de arching the rear springs, just put the blocks in. I'm torn though, I may just want to focus on further improving the handling instead of going lower. The improvement with just these changes were so impressive as is...

filmoslim   +1y
Did the shorter shocks make a big difference in the ride and handling? Looks Good.
adamlesnansky   +1y
Thanks! The body barely rolls at all around corners, but in the rear the shorter shocks aren't necessary since without de-arching the springs, the shock mounts haven't moved. It has made the rear ride very choppy since the new shocks are almost always fully extended. Which is why im deciding whether to go back to a higher quality OEM length rear shock, or to continue to lower it further.
adamlesnansky   +1y
://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/18/838f93bb06c8d5dc759306510b937da8. More improvements made over the last couple days.

adamlesnansky   +1y
I've noticed only recently that the truck won't start without a decent amount of throttle once it's warm. I'm new to carburetors, any ideas?