Page 1 of 1
Mazda Projects \  92 twisted wage update

92 twisted wage update

Mazda Projects
views 1206
replies 6
following 3

shortymattman   +1y
ok so I added a full 2 inch exhaust header back and some 3000 lb ratcheting straps to try and keep the engine under control I decided that I don't want to drive anymore until I do the mechanical rocker arm swap it ticksks like a Ford diesel maybe this week I'll be able to hustle up to $60 to get it done ]
befarrer   +1y
Why do you require ratchet straps to hold your engine down? Something wrong with the mounts?
shortymattman   +1y
The mounts I had lasted about a week and were pulled apart... The straps are supplemental. I thinkaftermarkets are overpriced... JDM inspired... And cost me $15.99 Plus if I scca run it then weight transfer will b better controlled I think..
geterdun   +1y
This is still the 2200 engine? Breaking new motor mounts?
The lifters- has the truck set up a long time?
shortymattman   +1y
yes it's still the 2.2 has extensive head work compression approx 9.25 to 1 3 angle valve job coil Weber pacesetter scrapped computers EGR emissions hundred thousand miles before rebuild oh yeah and I'm in the process of putting solid lifters in it also.is it unusual to break the motor mounts like that? I don't know other b truckers though locally to ask.. im kinda a lone wolf in central ia I think.{ ive NEVER seen another custom b here} the truck has about 300 miles on rebuild.
geterdun   +1y
I would say unusual, mounts even on high performance vehicles last many years. Were these new mounts? That said, they do break, new ones would sound like defective, maybe free replacement?
I do not see the torque of a 2200 breaking a mount without way more artillery on it than you have, if then.

GM I know in the '70's added an over the other half of mount kickup tab, to prevent the engine jumping more than a half inch when the rubber pad broke. That in and of itself would save the radiator on a close fit.
shortymattman   +1y
So today the solid lifter swap got done and it is amazing to not hear those hydraulic lifters... I also cut 3in off the shifter in order to shorten the shifts a bit. Now need to replace manual fuel pump and hope to be haulin ass again soon..
post photo
Page 1 of 1