threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Projects \  Im new to working on veichles.

Im new to working on veichles.

Mazda Projects
views 929
replies 4
following 3

konraedmazdab2000   +1y
Hello I'm new to working on veichles I picked up a 87 mazda b2000 not to long ago and was looking into turning it into a drift toy and was just looking for some input:
Easy engine swaps
Suspension rear and front
Just about any input.
When I bought the veichle it had a tic in the engine I've been told lifter or rod bearing how can I tell the difference?
Thanks in advance
dan woodland   +1y
Welcome, another member here built a drift truck. I don't recall who but you can probably find it with a search here... he showed a bunch of pics.

As for your current engine, put the tip of a screw driver on the valve cover and your ear on the handle... that can tell you if it's the lifter.
konraedmazdab2000   +1y
Thanks I'll try that when I get home.
I'm just New to working on veichles and I just jump into and didn't wanna jump into the wrong thing.
dan woodland   +1y
Here's one I was thinking about...

geterdun   +1y
I think most v6 engines will be drop in fits, just mounts and hook ups. V8's require a lot of redesign in front of the engine, with room for a fan on engine. Can't cut the firewall, the heater and all that goes with it is top center behind the engine.
A rod rattle is like a hammer knocking around in the oil pan. A lifter is more a tick. I saw where one member posted a video of the engine running, that made it easy for someone to help identify the noise.
Did the truck sit a long time not being run before you bought it?
Page 1 of 1