stuffedb5700   +1y
My 1 week sbc v8 swap.
post photo
post photo
post photo
jenko   +1y
Woohoo!
gcncsuhd   +1y
Lookin good, I would personally like to see the tab the tube is welded onto extended to box in the crossmember and possibly gussets added for more rigidity.
stuffedb5700   +1y
I thought about boxing it, but the "tab" is a piece of 1/4" angle that extends 2" under the ends and is more than strong enough. They're definitely stronger than what it's bolted to. The angle was notched to fit into the bottom side of the factory ends. Working on the cross member for the trans mount and solid motor mounts now.
sincitylocal   +1y
After I did my 350 swap, I found it tough to get the cross member back in, after removing it while the wheels were on the ground.
There's a lot of flex potential between the two mounting points.
If you leave it the way it is, I bet you'll be fixing it in a year.
stuffedb5700   +1y
Sorry for not posting my swap progress along the way. Job change and new baby kinda threw a wrench in the mix and delayed it by a couple months. Forgot about this thread until now. The swap went very smooth and no major hiccups were encountered. I've been driving it almost daily for about 8 months now and love it! (besides the slight drop in gas mileage compared to the stock 2.2l.. Lol ha!) There are still a lot of things I'd like to change and add to it when I get around to it but it's a fun grocery getter and gets the funniest looks everywhere I go. I'll get my pictures together and post a few soon.

UPDATE: Finally started putting my album together and uploaded a few pics!
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
Derek79   +1y
How difficult was it to make some mounting brackets for the engine mounts? And what size radiator did you use? I'm lookin at doing a V8 swap in mine as well,
347 stroker   +1y
Derek79... if you plan to use a 302 block you can use factory Mustang engine mounts with no problems... don't know about a 305/350.
JMerrell   +1y
what kind of headers are those?
Page 1 of 1