old school smoothies and whitewalls

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 1282
replies 4
following 3

rcogan   +1y
so im seriously considering doing a old school vibe with truck
im looking at baby moons, smoothies, and billet wheels
i know when you get into 17's and up the backspacing and/or offset is huge to whether or not they will tuck
i am not good with backspacing and offset and all that, so someone help me out please
im considering going with a 14x7 smoothie wheel with 4" backspacing
i need it to tuck, but dont want to destroy what turning i do have, so need to keep it off frame
will that wheel work, or should i be looking for more or less backspacing?
chaserjohndoe   +1y
I would run the stock steelies with whitewalls and moons. they will tuck obviously. Although if i were you i would go with some 15's as finding rubber will be a lot easier.
rcogan   +1y
well, if i had the stock steelies i prolly would
i found a couple set of steelies off other trucks that would work great, my issue now is i refuse to pay $300-$500 for the wheels, then $100-$125 a wheel for powder coating, then $20 each for moons and another $50-$100 for rings
then $200 a tire
lol
thats in the $1,500 to$1,700 range for 14"-16" wheels and tires
i didnt realize that everyone had gotten so proud of stuff that was so cheap less then 10 years ago lol
chaserjohndoe   +1y
if I end up getting a parts truck i'm looking at I'll sell you all 4 for cheap. both the wheels and tires.
dean   +1y
Stock steel wheels just like the red ones in ChaserJohnDoe's picture. Tires are staggered for a little rack. If I remember right the sizes are 195 65 14 front, and 225 70 14 rear. Ebay hubcaps, new in the box.
thread post photo
Page 1 of 1