Page 1 of 1
Mazda Wheels Tires \  power steering swap

power steering swap

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 880
replies 5
following 5

ratt2200   +1y
Just picked up a complete power steering assembly going to swap it over to my non power steering B. Hoping it all goes smooth looks like everything will bolt right up just need to get me a belt. If anyone has done this already some tips or ticks will be much appriciated.
jibee   +1y
I did this swap a couple of months back. It is pretty straight forward. Get everything off of a donor truck and grab a belt from parts store. Took me about 2 hours start to finish and was well worth the time and money. I think I had right at $150 in everything (steering box,steering pump, brackets, adjuster, etc.). Good luck with the swap.
Cusser   +1y
Power steering belt is Gates 9325.

Several have reported the PS add on is straightforward. If you grab all the parts needed.
ratt2200   +1y
I lucked out then I got all mine for 50 bucks minus belt. Thanks for the assurance. Also got me a used carb that looks recently rebuilt, and this one has an electric choke. No more manual coke "BS" for me. STOKED...
norcallumps   +1y
I have the stuff to convert mine, but I have been to lazy. Need to get some shocks, and Im planning on doing the the whole front end at one time. Still need all sway bar parts as well. Ispent $50 for my parts as well.
mercilessltd   +1y
I just did this a month ago. I owned both trucks so I swapped over the PS when I swapped engines.

Only issue I had was no nuts in the frame for the braces for the cooling line. I used two 4" max hose clamps with the bushings still on the line.

See here:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 1