Page 1 of 2
Mazda Wheels Tires \  GM wheels on a Mazda

GM wheels on a Mazda

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 2168
replies 14
following 6

ratt2200   +1y
I'm looking to put Cat Eye wheels off a Silverado on my B. I have a couple questions. One is will i need spacers. Two is what size tire do i need. Below is the Wheel that im looking at. I know its probably not what is common on these trucks but I like going against the grain.

thread post photo
chaserjohndoe   +1y
You will have to shave the tabs on your axles to run those wheels. The center bore is not big enough to clear.
ratt2200   +1y
would you be able to show me an example of what that would look like.
91extcab   +1y
You could pay to have the wheels bored out too, but I shaved tabs on 3 trucks... was easier to do, and then you don't have to keep paying to have new wheels bored out if you want to throw a different set on. What size are those chevy wheels?
91extcab   +1y

You can see where there are no tabs on this front hub.
ratt2200   +1y
they are 17's they are off a 2wd and I believe the stock tire size was 245 70r 17 for this wheel and the 4wd i believe is 265 70r 17.
Post was last edited on Nov 02, 2013 01:11. This post has been edited 1 times.
jc50942   +1y
i ran a 225/45R17 when i had this wheel on mine and they fit pretty good
91extcab   +1y
A 225 40, or 215 45 should do you well. Try out the tire calculator on discount tires website, put in the stock tire sizes, and choose plus sizing to a 17in wheel. The size it gives you is as close to stock overall tire diameter, but if your plan is low, choose a smaller profile tire than what the plus sizing guide suggests.
ratt2200   +1y
thanks that helps a lot. I Appreciate the help.