threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Wheels Tires \  stupid question about hub tabs?

stupid question about hub tabs?

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 1818
replies 13
following 5

dizzy.baird.1   +1y
ok so i was thinking about getting titan rims, ive been reading on here about shaving hub tabs. im new to the mini scene. what are these and what do they look like.
fdugn545   +1y
Here's ya go it's for gm rims but it's the same concept...

Ur welcome...

Fred

Paycheck to paycheck minitrucker
thread post photo
dizzy.baird.1   +1y
thanks fred but now im worried my wheel will fly off if i grind tabs.
fdugn545   +1y
It won't trust me I've had mine ground off for close to a year now and there has been no problems whatsoever. Tye closest you'll come to losing a wheel is if u don't use the right lugs or don't get Em tight enough... (seriously though the front drivers side of my wife's almost came off once! Had only one lug left and was wobbling all over the road!)
Don't worry your wheels won't gall off!

Paycheck to paycheck minitrucker
thread post photo
ulrich   +1y
Not sure about Nissan rims, but Mitsubishi, and Toyota rims have a larger center bore than our Bs, so no need to remove tabs.

I do recommend hub centric rings, to ensure balance, and safety. Others will say hub rings are not needed.
91extcab   +1y
Been running shaved tabs on two of my trucks (one for 3 years, sold to new owner 2 years ago) and on my flatbed for 5 years. These trucks weren't hub centric, the tabs were made to make install of the stock wheel easier. These trucks are lug centric. This is a topic that has been argued over as long as coils vs. bags
ulrich   +1y
Our stock wheels are lug centric, and the Nissan wheels may be, as well. My Mitsubishi Montero rims, and many Toyota rims, use Mag style, flat washer lugs, which may not center as precisely.

Everybody has to make up their own mind.

For a lousy $100, I get piece of mind, and the ability to run OE Mazda hubcaps.
dizzy.baird.1   +1y
thanks everyone i appreciate the input. anyone actually have titan rims on theyre truck? did u shave tabs or bore the holes?
91extcab   +1y
I put a set of titans on a buddy's truck a few months back, and had z71s on my truck for a number of years. Both were shaved tabs. I ran the z71s on my old single cab truck while i was rebuilding the flat bed after the head on collision 2 years ago, but once again shaved tabs.
dizzy.baird.1   +1y
ok so i guess im going to shave tabs