Page 1 of 1
Mazda Wheels Tires \  stripped brakes bolt and screws on back brake

stripped brakes bolt and screws on back brake

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 698
replies 4
following 4

fearce   +1y
hello guys so i stripped the front right brake caliper screw and i looked at the back for the back brakes and the back brakes have 2 screws in them O____________O im like i never seen that before and they are corroded any suggestions on how to fix these 2 problems?
mazda-man   +1y
You have to use a impact screwdriver on the back drum brakes. Otherwise you will most certainly strip the phillips screws out. You can get one at your local auto parts store or tool store.
Cusser   +1y
For the rears, you may need to drill those out if a #3 Philipps impact driver doesn't work (don't try #2, too small). And use 8 x 1.25mm hex head screws, about 30mm long, in the other two threaded holes to press the drum off.

For the front, rebuilt calipers are about $50 if you can't re-tap or use insert to repair.

Show photos !!!
seascoot   +1y
If you have to drill out the screws, use a relatively large bit and just drill the heads off, going no deeper. That way, once you have the drum pulled off there may be enough of the threads exposed to grab them with locking pliars to twist them out.
fearce   +1y
imma buy the tool that was mention in a few days.
thread post photo
thread post photo
thread post photo

by the way i got the first set of brakes aka the right front side on there imma but the lefts soon as i get the tools. and also got another problem i left the truck jacked up and i took a small nap(dont ask why) and it rained..i got nervous jumped up and went to turn the wheel back so i can fit the tire back on there. and the jack started to lean on the right.. not only that but it sunk because of the rain.. i 2 bricks on there to hold it when i let it down.BUT not thinking i put 1 of them in the wrong spot(jack spot) and the mud sinks the jack down when i try to lift... should i wait until it get dry more or jack it from a crazy position?
Page 1 of 1