Mazda Wheels Tires \  needing advice on tucking 20x8.5s with a bodydrop

needing advice on tucking 20x8.5s with a bodydrop

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 1864
replies 14
following 5

mikebrowne-nz   +1y
hey
iv been building my mini for a few years now and have mostly completed a 3' bdrop but am having a hell of a time trying to tuck my rims under the guards.its an 88 b2000 and iv got 4wd guards for the front and have put an xtra 10mm spacer behind the top control arm but the rim still hits the guard about halfway on a drop, it just clears the guard when its fully laid out and when its right up but just midway is were im havn trouble.has any managed to get 20x8.5s under guards with a bdrp?just after some ideas crazi or not haha cheers
xgolferdude   +1y
Couple of questions first. What is the backspacing of the wheel ur running? Are u running drop spindles? Why did u put a spacer on your upper control ARM?? Unless your mount is different then ours here in the states then that would create less camber.. u would wanna run zero shims I would think.. and if you are here in the states sorry I just assumed u weren't with the gaurds, and mm comment.. lol
xgolferdude   +1y
I need to retract my statement about the spacer/shims.... I had a brainfart.. sry...
nvrdne   +1y
Im running 22x9 on my 89 bodydropped b2200 and its got fwd sheetmetal fenders and bed. Its alot of work involved to tuck 22's.
xgolferdude   +1y

Uhhhh... I live in NWA... Never seen your truck or even heard about a Mazda around here on 2s.. didn't see at slamily or sparks??? I think we need some pics kind sir.. cuz a 22x9 don't fit in the back on a stock axle.... And it would take a ton of work to make for in the front... Not trying to call u out but I'm just shocked I've never heard or seem this thing yet... I'm very active up here in the community..
mikebrowne-nz   +1y
the rims are 32mm offset and yep i running drop spindles.yea not from the states i from new zealand ha long way away and a bit smaller ha.i culd probably keep adding shims until it finally gets enuf camber to clear guards but that would be alot haha.i been havn anutha look at it and otha utes and otha ute seem to have a shorter lower arm which would help because the arc of the 2 arms would be similar therefore not pushing the wheel out as far before cambering back in?thoughts?i no it mustv been done somwhere before just tryn to find the best way around it.brainfarts suck haha
briankmizell   +1y
So we dont get any pics????
hunterw   +1y
Well I think you have a few options.

Easiest but hardest in a way would be to get different rims with higher offset

Or have a machine shop mill 3mm off the mounting pad of the rim. If the rim has enough meat on it.

Or maybe pie cut your uppers and run the stock spindle. The drop spindle pushes the wheels out like .5 an inch and also up. So If you had the stocks on you would camber 2 inches earlier (if I'm thinking correctly lol) then the drops.

I had the same problem on my truck on 20x8.5s with a +31mm. But I ended up going 5 lug on 22s so never found the answer
nvrdne   +1y
I just moved to van buren in september and this truck.hasnt seen a show yet. It will be at layd out in the park and u will see it tucks 22's. U just get ready to see me at a show and show u up since u running your mouth bout something u dont.
mikebrowne-nz   +1y
cant change the rims i spent hrs over mag magazines till i found the ones i wantd ha im sure i can make it work thanks for advice tho put the word out and c what othas have at shows cause we only have one show a yea down hea and thea only about 10 truks at it ha.il put some pics up soon and hunterw if thats your truck that is supa sick!!if you havnt already ceen it check out pimppalacecustoms or mid mounted mazda on youtube theas a pretty cool oldskool truck gettin done somewea down hea in nz