threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Wheels Tires \  Do 16" silverado rims bolt right up?

Do 16" silverado rims bolt right up?

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 2141
replies 13
following 9

slammedb26i   +1y
I was wondering if these bolt right up to Mazda hubs. I seen a post awhile back about these being direct bolt on but only the 4x4 ones. Idk if theres even a difference. I tried to put um on but my trucks too low to fit the stock sized tires so before I get tires I wanna kno if they fit
[IMG]
thread post photo
[/IMG]
oneslammedbseries   +1y
the center will probably need cut out
1hotdawg   +1y
Yes they fit. You have to remove the tabs from your hubs...can't bore these wheels out. I've got the 17" Silverado
crush   +1y
yeah agreed, dont bore the holes out at all. grind down the three little tabs on the hums and they should bolt right up.
91extcab   +1y
three...? last 3 mazdas i've done all had 4 tabs...
baddawg253   +1y
yup just loose the tabs and they bolt right up ...no need to bore the holes
slammedb26i   +1y
What purpose do those tabs serve? Is it safe to jus grind um off, structurely?
jimbeater   +1y
they are meant to hold the stock rim on exactly center... i have heard some vehicles are hub centric (centered, and weight is mostly on the hub, not the lugs), and some are lug centric (wheel centered, and weight is taken by the lug nuts)...

my Z71 4x4 rims (the usual old skewl style you see, from a 95ish truck i think?), did not need any machining, and all tabs are still on my truck (92 b2200)... i have not tried to fit these on my 88 b2600 4x4 truck...
91extcab   +1y
i had to grind the tabs to fit my z71s. i used a flapper disc, no damage to stud possibility, and neatly grinds and cleans off the tabs in about 4 mins per wheel. i ground the tabs off both my 89 flat black single cab and my ext cab to fit these rims.
1hotdawg   +1y
Mine have been ground for years.