views 1465
replies 3
following 4

mazdadropped   +1y
Like stated in the tittle

Inchs

Offset:+48mm

Gathered some info and was wondering if those rim measurements with a
2" wall low profile tire would tuck under 2WD sheetmetal with a 2 1/4" BD in total 26" , my stock rims and winter tires that are on the truck right now are the same diameter (26")

Havent found any rims yet but i want some soon and i also want to keep 6lug which limits my choice alot
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
I can't honestly say if they would fit or not, but I can tell you what I did when working out fitment issues...

Get a piece of paper approximately 24"x36" (typical size for construction drawings). Then carefully draw up a cross section of your current stock rims and winter tires. Pay particular attention to the back spacing of you current rims and exactly what the tire cross section looks like. Many times you can use a piece of cardboard to make a template of the tire then use the cardboard as a template on your drawing.

Then draw out your new (proposed) rim. The actual detail of the rim design is not really important, but the rim diameter, rim lip, and mounting flange is. Make sure you start the new rim drawing at the mounting flange of the old rim. This will give you a VERY good idea if the outside lip of the rim will rub. It will also tell you how much additional space you will need behind your current rim (which is probably NOT 8.5" wide). From here you can pretty much guess what the cross section of the new tire will look like.

With the above drawing you should get a real good idea how much additional space you will need and exactly where you will need it.

" target="_blank

This site (posted by another user) would give you an excellent idea of what the cross sections should look like. I like doing them full size though simply because you can overlay the 2 wheels.

Going by the above link, you may have a real problem finding a 2" side wall tire. Right now I have a 245 25r 22 tire plugged into the above web site and it is 26.8" dia.
splinter   +1y
your biggest issue is the rear. You'll have to tub the firewall. The rear sounds like it would still hit. Got to remember your stock may be the same height but with so much sidewall they will sag more. For example my stock figures 26" but on truck at 35 pounds of air in tire is only 25". My 18" with smaller sidewall was only 1/4" difference at 35 pounds of air. Like smoeone said on here before, buy them and build around. it would be way easier.
slammed83mazda   +1y
with that high of a offset, it may clear.
Page 1 of 1