Page 1 of 2
Mazda Wheels Tires \  HELP....20in questions

HELP....20in questions

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 1932
replies 13
following 5

hrdfrntr95   +1y
hey guys....i can get a set of boss 20in(20x9.5)rims for $200..i have the rims mocked up on the truck right now with the big @zz 275 tires on them. and they look GREAT on there......BUT

1..i wana measure the backspacing...HOW? and what back spacing is needed to tuck on the b2200...gona add 4wd fenders and flare the bed

2..machining...thought about seeing if i could find a machine shop to mill off 1/4in(ruffly) off the inside hub just to make the rims that further inset.....possible? or bad idea?

3..how much flare is on a 4wd fender vs a 2wd one???

thanks
dj
xgolferdude   +1y
alright im fairly new to mazdas but there is no way youll tuck a 275 anything under a mazda.. period.. without runnin a narrower rear end like a courier rear end or something... as far as measuring the backspacing just put the rim on a towell face down and get a straight edge that will go across the wheel.. and measure from that straight edge to the mounting pad on the wheel... and your done... just do not put it on the tire!!! just on the wheel... I dont think 1/4 inch will make a differnce enough to warrant the possible saftey issues that could occur.. may not but could occur...
hrdfrntr95   +1y
im not using the 275's...they are just on the rims....the rims came off a tahoe hence the big ass tires.....thats how i thought you measured it but wasnt sure.....shaving the 1/4 off doesnt seen like it would be any different then boring out the hubs on rims to make them fit.....it has ALOT of material there to where that 1/4in wouldnt matter....
hunterw   +1y
Man that's an awful wide rim. You will need a pretty high offset to make it work in the front and in the rear. Probably like a +48mm. As far as the84 mazda axle goes it is too short and you would have to move your frame raile in over the axle. You can do axle swaps...nissan 720,izusu pup axles are about 2 inches shorter total so they would work great. You would have to get your driveline modded though. Usually a 20x8.5 with a +32mm offset will work in the front with 4x4 sheetmetal. But will still rub the bedsides on 4x4. So maybe a 20x8.5 with a +40mm will clear all the wat around. But if you bodydrop...everything changes lol
hrdfrntr95   +1y
im not for sure what the EXACT rim width is....i dont see any markings on the inside of the rim stating anything....the guy just told me he THINKS they are 9.5.....i didnt measure for backspacing and all while i was there earlier but will do it this weekend to see what they are...
hunterw   +1y
this is something to bookmark

ohsolo   +1y
hey hunterw whats the width and offset of the tahoe 20s
hunterw   +1y
20x8.5 +31mm. barely fit up front with 4x4. rubs bed sides in the rear. dont fit with a body drop though
hrdfrntr95   +1y

sweet...thanks for that link....
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Great link Hunter, makes fitment questions a lot easier.