Page 1 of 1
Mazda 1.8L \  Jumping at lower rpms

Jumping at lower rpms

Mazda 1.8L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1334
replies 9
following 2

codywayne718   +1y
Alright, so I flushed my heater core yesterday. An when I drove the truck today it's jumping like crazy in the lower rpms on take off. Adjusted the slack out of my throttle cable on the Carb an it's still doing it, I even idled it up that way cause it feels like there's a dead spot in the throttle itself.... what could be the problem??? 87 b2000 5 speed.... only on take off, once I get going it's fine
codywayne718   +1y
Put this in the wrong section..... should be in the 2.0 section... sorry
dan woodland   +1y
Change the fuel filter?

Do anything else when you flushed the heater core?
codywayne718   +1y
No that was all I did... posted this in the 2.0 section also... it's definitely at any rpm, throttle position is causing it but it's down on power too.... I'll change the fuel filter tomorrow and hope it's not another Cam shaft problem!
codywayne718   +1y
Where might the filter be on this beast?
codywayne718   +1y
It's only under load thou when it misses and stuff
codywayne718   +1y
Wasn't the fuel filter... I don't see how the inside of that distributor would have gotten wet... it's screwed on with a rubber gasket in it.... wouldn't it be doing it all the time and barley running if it were the distributor? No one around here wants to work on carburetors!
codywayne718   +1y
Oil in distributor..... changing it but the way it's only missing at certain spots in the throttle makes me wonder if it's not a Carb problem
codywayne718   +1y
New distributor, cap, rotor button, plugs and wires.... still doing it in the same part of the throttle....
codywayne718   +1y
Oh an new fuel filter if I hadn't already mentioned that
Page 1 of 1