Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  Translating mazda morse codes

Translating mazda morse codes

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 636
replies 9
following 2

misteroboto   +1y
If this information is easily accessible I am unable to find it for some ignorant reason
I got my flash codes for my check engine light but I need to know their translation. It's not a service light, I am experiencing obvious signs of fault (it's running like shit) Can anyone lead me in the right direction? Are these translations available on the web or can you translate them for me?
89 2.6 4wd
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
You can try ://
misteroboto   +1y

I don't see that actually translating the codes I recieved from my truck, that is just showing us how to get the codes. I've already recieved the code, I need to know what it means.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Sorry misread your post, go here:
misteroboto   +1y

Ok is the corresponding number the amount of pulses I'm getting from the test? For example, I have three flashes on the CE light, does that translate to faulty distributor?

Thanks for your time,
Ray
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
At this point all I could suggest is swapping in a known good part. Maybe someone with more experience will have a better idea.

You might check the ECU for problems by opening it up and inspecting it for blown capacitors.
misteroboto   +1y

My question is in regards to how to read the chart.
Is the number to the left of the description the amount of flashes you get from the CE light?
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
That is how I would interpret that chart. I seem to remember someone telling me that the crank angle sensor is carried inside the distributor and so if you have lost that signal the truck isn't going to know when to fire.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
You might try unplugging it then plugging it back in. Maybe the contacts have gotten flaky.
misteroboto   +1y

Ok thanks bud
Page 1 of 1