threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  No grease fittings for the Duralast lower ball joint??

No grease fittings for the Duralast lower ball joint??

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1847
replies 4
following 2

rolentogrenades   +1y
I begrudgingly picked these up at Autozone due to convenience, but I noticed their site has everything backwards. This link claims it comes with a grease fitting and is greasable:

But as you can see from the photo, you get what you see and there is no zerk fitting or anything where it should be. Are these just okay to put in without greasing at all? The upper ones have all the stuff they need.
rolentogrenades   +1y
Okay, so I used the autozone live chat app and one of their workers said that page is indeed an error and these are pre-greased. Was anyone ever able to work a fitting successfully into these?
Cusser   +1y
You apparently have a B2600i. For my B2200, the Autozone Duralast lower ball joint DID come with a grease fitting; unfortunately, to use that, I had to notch the truck mount a little bit just to get it to fit, and believe that I did use an angled fitting.

If the B2600i lower ball joint has no grease fittings (as did the stock B2200 ball joints), I wouldn't worry about it, should last 15+ years.
rolentogrenades   +1y

Cusser,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it's a b2600i. I'll stick with your advice, because as far as I know there is absolutely no fitting on these. Just got finished installing the lower and upper ball joints a few minutes ago, gonna' grease everything tomorrow. As it turned out, all my tie rod ends could use replacing too.
Cusser   +1y

Those are straightforward, except for the toe-in alignment that will be necessary.
Page 1 of 1