Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  B2600i HELP!!

B2600i HELP!!

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1058
replies 6
following 4

wyob26   +1y
I am new to this forum, literally my first post, I just got a 1990 B2600i for almost free, I have another truck that I'll be rebuilding (97' Rodeo) and had this little gem pop into my lap for under $400, I plan to drive it whilst rebuilding the other, and incorporate it into my life somehow once I'm done.

Here's the story, I found this truck and inquired, he explained it recently got a new clutch, and that the 4Lo is stuck (no idea if those are congruent to this issue), to add insult to injury, engine was running to warm it up when I got it, and it just stopped, no noises, no warning like someone turned the key off.

I would love to get this little truck going before the middle of Feb so I can start my rebuild on my Zu, any insight is appreciated.

I will not be local to the truck until this weekend.
Cusser   +1y

That may be the "infamous" (common) malfunction of the electrical part of the ignition switch, common on all these trucks as they got older. Easy check out with multimeter (when in the non-running condition), and easy fix.
befarrer   +1y
Also check the ECM carefully for leaky capacitors, it wont cause the truck to shut off without warning, but it causes it to run like a bag, and not idle, and do a bunch of head scratching things. Do a search on here for what to look for, it is very common on the EFI trucks.
wyob26   +1y
Thank you both, I found the electrical issue during my sweeps, but didn't know it was well known to them, I will definitely check on that, and the ECU, I heard about that one too, it ran pretty good, but I'll also check that as well.
wyob26   +1y
I still seek what I should do about the problem of being stuck in 4L, should I try to jostle it loose with the clutch in gear? or R&R the T-Case?
wyob26   +1y
OK, Got it home finally, transfer case is in low range, front shaft not spinning, the T/C lever is completely stiff/solid in place, it won't move left, right or up or down.

got it to start, drove around a bit in the snow and tried to jostle it loose to no avail.

Any ideas?
scotch   +1y
It's probably going to have to come off and out. But, short of that, I'd pull the shifter and take a look at the bushing on the end
Page 1 of 1