Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  No Spark, looking for help

No Spark, looking for help

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 576
replies 2
following 3

drock11   +1y
I recently got this 1990 mazda b2600i in a trade, and its pretty beat up. of course a few days after i got it the truck completely lost spark. It ran perfectly fine all evening, then the next morning i had no spark. It still turns over. i tested the ignition coil with a spark plug wire and spark plug grounded to the cylinder head, there was no spark when cranked over so i assumed i needed a new coil. Replaced that and nothing changed. So I must not be getting power to the coil.

From the research I've done, i'm thinking i need a new ECU. Apparently there is a solenoid in the computer that will go bad and can cause the truck to lose spark. Can anyone confirm? It seems like the ecu's in these trucks go bad often. I was going to just sell the truck as is but haven't had much luck.

If i do need an edu, does anyone know the cheapest place to get one, besides a junkyard because i haven't had any luck finding one in my area. I really don't want to spend $350 on this junk truck..

Any help is greatly appreciated guys, thanks!

-Derrick
mymmeryloss   +1y
Have u checked main relay?
sincitylocal   +1y
Leaking capacitors have plagued many 2600i ECU's, not solenoids. Open the case and check the board for corrosion where acid from the capacitors might have leaked out.
Page 1 of 1