Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  HELP, I replaced my clutch and now truck stuck in 4W FIXED

HELP, I replaced my clutch and now truck stuck in 4W FIXED

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 798
replies 4
following 2

stink   +1y
1991 B2600i Manual 4X4. Clutch is replaced but the 4wd shifter will not move and remote freewheel is lit up locked. I have pulled the sensors and pulled the vacuum of the dashpot on diff. No luck Any suggestions?
Regards, Sean
Post was last edited on Aug 02, 2014 05:08. This post has been edited 1 times.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Pull the shifter handle and try to reset it by resetting the dogs that it sets in.
stink   +1y
Ive pulled the handle multiple times and I can see the slot it sits in but nothing will move. Very strange because when the tranny was out I was able to shift both levers from neutral into gear. I'm now stuck in 4WD low. The remote freewheel light is lit locked still. The clutch is smooth like butter now but this is killing me. thanks for the input.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Have you tried to reset everything with the wheels off the ground so they can move free. Maybe they are binding the transmission.
stink   +1y
Fak me, I found the problem. I made the same mistake years ago with a girlfriend..."wrong hole". I had installed the 4wd shifter in the hole to the left and not in the hole that the pin partially blocks. Anyways, my silly error, all is good now. I appreciate the suggestions. It was the suggestion to pull the shifter and try manually that made me realize my mistake. THANKS!
Page 1 of 1