Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.6L \  Head Gaskets

Head Gaskets

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1738
replies 12
following 8

ram23   +1y
Where is the best place in Canada to buy a new top end gaskets, quality head gaskets and head bolts for a 1993 B2600i. Preferably in B.C. but will settle for anywhere in Canada.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
Rockauto.com has a whole top end kit that includes a head gasket. ships to Canada.
ram23   +1y
What is a quality head gasket from rockauto?
stink   +1y
I've ordered two from Rock. One lasted 4 yrs, the other came with a slight bend so I did not use it. I ended up ordering an OEM one to WA state and went across the border to pick it up.
befarrer   +1y
I like Fel Pro.
ram23   +1y
Ok thanks for the help. One more question, where can I find a new head for my truck? I cant find one anywhere.
ram23   +1y
I have found heads for sale in Clearwater Florida but that is a long ways from home and I have found a couple very bad reviews on the company. Anyone have any experience with these heads and company?
Cusser   +1y

Axel Breaker Earl has used them.
ram23   +1y
Thank you Cusser. Does this company ship to Canada?
moonlitmechanic   +1y
I did a reman head off eBay from J&C Enterprises about 2 years ago, I had an intake valve stick open about 5 months ago and haven't driven the truck since (about to finally have time to fix it). Have a bad taste in my mouth from the rebuilt heads off eBay since.

I keep hearing about these mysterious new heads that Mazda apparently released with improved coolant passage design. Does anyone know anything about these?

Rockauto sells this cylinder head brand new: EngineTech Cylinder Head, but I called EngineTech and apparently this is a casting of the OEM design, no improvement over stock (although well-priced at under $300 from rockauto).

I also saw this cylinder head: CIFIC Cylinder Head. I called the company that sells them and apparently these are an improved design, but unfortunately you have to transfer over your valves, springs and camshaft/rockers, as it is a completely bare head.