threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.6L \  Intermittent acceleration issue.

Intermittent acceleration issue.

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2069
replies 14
following 6

islandkid   +1y
Howdy there,

I purchased a 91 Mazda B2600i off a kid in town, stole it for 900$. He had "tried everything" so he says to get it running and luckily I narrowed it down to either ECM or Distributor. I sent my ECM away to get inspected and the company said its fine, its already been fixed. So i went down to the junkyard and pulled off a distributor and proceeded to install it! Runs great! Bit of a miss but I am working the lumps out. Its been a few months and since I have installed new plugs, wires along with filters and so on.

Now for its new problem, it started very minor and now is progressing to be quite the inconvenience. When i began to accelerate from a light or dead stop it would buck a little bit, I would up shift and it would continue. Sputter, buck, backfire and then run fine! I put the problem on the back burner until recently i was driving home and I had the truck in 5th gear doing 45KMH just to keep the revs below say 2000 was the interruption point. Some days it wont do it at all, some days like i said above I cant put my foot down without it surging and bucking. The trucks in great shape, 180,000 kms on the G6 Fuel Injected motor and the engine bay is clean! Now I have asked numerous opinions on it and nobody really seems to understand it. This is my first post on here so please have some respect and I apologize if anything I did was against forum rules. (I know how serious some people are about these)

Thanks again!
islandkid   +1y
* On a side note the fuel filter was also changed 100km ago.
sincitylocal   +1y
My 2600i did that. The terminals in the MAF connector were dirty/loose.
Cleaned and tweaked them a bit, and all is well now.
befarrer   +1y
Have you changed your plug wires? Had another vehicle that would arc the spark from the plug boot to the head when I accelerated faster than a grandma, but otherwise ran fine. I think it was worse with higher humidity or rain.
anguswilly   +1y
Test the sensor values AT the ecu and see what you get.

Take a look at the info on how to do it at b2600i.com
islandkid   +1y
Thanks everybody I will check that out when i get home from work. Everythings so damn expensive for these little trucks. Plug wires are brand new aswell.
islandkid   +1y
@Anguswilly

Do you have a link to the actual values page? Cool little website they have going there
mymmeryloss   +1y
Does it have a cold air intake on it by chance? Any CELs?
islandkid   +1y
No cold air intake, I was going to run a cone directly after the sensor but decided against it. I was told there stock intake acts as a cold air.
islandkid   +1y
What do you mean by CEL?