Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  Fan and radiator

Fan and radiator

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1173
replies 6
following 5

mazdab86   +1y
I was wondering if the fan and raidator off of a 2000 will work on a 2600. They look the same as far as the radiator but not sure bout the fan. I got the truck without either on the 2600. Im going to try the parts saturday but was just wanting some insight
sincitylocal   +1y
No.
The 2600 radiator is larger and it mounts differently. Also the 2600 fan and shroud are larger.
scotch   +1y
+1
They are not even close. The B2600i shroud is wider and the fan opening if offset all the way to the left side of the shroud as you can see on the upper half of a B2600i shroud on the top and a B2000/B2200 shroud on the bottom of this picture.

thread post photo
mazdab86   +1y
Thanks. Do you know where i can order a fan and fan shroud?
anguswilly   +1y
Not only is the B2000 rad much smaller and uses different mounting (there are strips welded to the rad support to mount the B2600 rad) but is is also a thicker, 2 row core to provide much more cooling.

I am currently going to mount a B2600 rad into my 2200 so I can get more cooling, I have an electric fan so no worries there.

I do not think it would be wise to use a 2000/2200 rad in a 2600 since it has less cooling capability.
Cusser   +1y

Angus - I'd suggest just buying a 2-row B2200 radiator, works great for me in Arizona summers and with AC running, and highway speeds even on long uphill stretches. And way easier than engineering a B2600 radiator to fit.

Yes, 2-row B2200 radiator will have bottom inlet and outlet for an automatic transmission truck (which had this was stock), you'd just ignore those if your truck is a 5-speed.

I believe AutoZone and O'Reillys (mine's from O'Reillys, lifetime guarantee) only list the 2-row these days, for both manual and automatics, for that reason.
sincitylocal   +1y
I have to agree with Cusser on this one!!!
Our desert temps are higher than anyone else's in the country, and we have no cooling issues with the 2 row radiators.
I used to tow a trailer with a pair of electric golf cars on it, weighing over 2000 lbs. I worked the hell out of my B2000, up hills, AC on full.
It never got hot with the 2 row!
Page 1 of 1