Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  Compatible ECU from 1993 MPV

Compatible ECU from 1993 MPV

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 810
replies 5
following 2

cosmicsunset   +1y
Is the ECU in some 1990-1993 MPVs the same as in the b-series trucks with fuel injection? I found an ECU from a MPV that has the same connector as the ECU from my truck but I have no idea if they're truly compatible. The MPV ECU says "JE57" on it and looks like it has the full part number "JE57-18-881B" made by DENSO.

My truck is a manual transmission and it does look like the van was an automatic, I'm not sure if it matters. I'm just hoping they're compatible and that if not, I can return the ECU. Does anyone know if they are or not?

Thanks
cosmicsunset   +1y
This is the page that first gave me the idea to look for a compatible ECU in an MPV:

And this page says the b2600i has the same engine as the MPV, which I'm hoping mean the ECU is swappable:

Altho I just found an ECU that was previously remanufactured and now available because the vehicle it was in got rear-ended. It's $270 shipped so that might be a good deal. not sure what to do. Someone is supposed to be fixing my ECU but he's on his fourth try and I'm not hopeful.
sincitylocal   +1y
The 2600i ECM should be the same. If the van had the V6, it won't work in your truck. The 2600i computer will be Mitsubishi made.
cosmicsunset   +1y
shoot. I'm pretty sure it was a V6. Thanks for the reply.

Anybody have a method I could use to determine for sure if the ECU is the only thing preventing this truck from starting? It was running fine until the ECU failed so I think that's the only problem but this guy who's sending me "fixed" ECUs doesn't have a truck or any way to test them and all I can do is plug them into my truck and tell him what happens so I'm looking for a better approach. It's been almost two months since the truck first broke down.
sincitylocal   +1y
Try and starting a thread there. A few guys there have a lot of experience with them... not sure if they visit this site too often.
cosmicsunset   +1y
will do. thank you for your help!
Page 1 of 1