Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  1990 B2600I randomly runs like crap

1990 B2600I randomly runs like crap

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1096
replies 5
following 3

b2600bomber   +1y
I have a 1990 B2600I that idles great and will run fine sometimes then it will start missing and sputtering like it's running out of gas. I shut it off and leave it for 20-30 minutes hit the key and it runs normal again sometimes I can kill it and start it right back up and it will do ok for a little bit. This started as a fuel problem but I put a new pump and screen in it yesterday and now it also has a slight miss/stumble while idling also but still revs normal until the missing starts. when it does mess up when I push on the accelerator it bogs down badly and sounds like it's going to suck the fender in the intake lol. Any help is greatly appreaciated and a big thanks to h0tr0d for all the help he's been giving me also!!! the truck is fuel injected and a 5 spd by the way... thanks again in advance!!!
b2600bomber   +1y
Ok Update: Plug wires and coil wire part of the problem. They were not arching but had a really weak connection due to "cut to fit" plug wires and previous owner not knowing how to fit said junk wires. Fixed all ends and runs alot better but still has a slight miss which I am thinking is still in the wires somewhere. I do have a new set on order. Will post back when something changes.
h0tr0d   +1y
keep after it bro!!!
b2600bomber   +1y
Well I've made alot of progress on mazda here lately and here is a link to the build thread...
anguswilly   +1y
Sounds like a Bad ECU - they are famous for the Capacitors leaking.
b2600bomber   +1y
I've got the running part fixed now and it was the wires I don't know if it was a bad set or what but they looked fairly new. Now it's just suspension and body work lol.
Page 1 of 1