Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  1987 mazda b2600 2.6l smoking

1987 mazda b2600 2.6l smoking

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1546
replies 2
following 1

whatamidoing   +1y
Alright so i'm new here, and im hoping to get some help. i just picked up this truck for 400$ it runs, just got a new carb, but its eating through coolant and smokes like crazy when its running. The guy sold me the truck with all new gaskets and head bolts so i'm assuming the head gasket is toast or head is warped. From what ive read i should be praying that its not a cracked head. I plan on tackling the fix myself this weekend with a few friends. Does anybody know of a link to a guide or diy for this fix? Im prepared to spend up to 500 to get it fixed on extra parts or machining. All the local shops told me 1000-1500 to get it done and told me i shouldn't do it myself cause its "one of the worst engines to work on" is there any truth to this? Should i get the head planed either way? what are the main things that i'm most likely gonna F**k up? Does anybody know how long its going to take us? Id appreciate any words of advice.
whatamidoing   +1y
Got the easy stuff off, once i got the valve cover off i found the pin for the jet valve on the 3 intake rocker arm snapped off, so i ordered a jet eliminator kit versus replacing the rocker arm. Head is still on just have to remove the timing chain cover and go from there. Any chance of getting the head off without pulling the timing chain cover to get access to the tensioners and getting some slack on the timing chain?
whatamidoing   +1y
Woooo the head gasket was blown. The head appears to be fine, sending it in to get machined tomorro. One jet valve was seized and sheared off part of the rocker arm on no3 piston. Bought a jet valve elimination kit versus replacing rocker arm. Does anybody on here have experience with timing this engine?
Page 1 of 1