Mazda 2.6L \  89 b2600i injectors not fireing

89 b2600i injectors not fireing

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3069
replies 9
following 2

sonnyj1   +1y
Hi all
89 b2600i 4x4/5speed. As stated, the injectors aren't firing. Sent the ecu in to auto module source and they said it checks out good. Its working on the 3rd rebuilt dizzy. New coil. Tested the injectors, all good.
Checked the main relay, good. Checked the wiring harness continuity from source to ecu found no broken wires. When I poor a little gas down its throat, it starts right up, and sounds pretty good. Oh yea and its blue and pointed south (grin).
What did I miss. Any help will help.
Thanks
Sonny
sincitylocal   +1y
Check your INJ fuse under the hood.
sonnyj1   +1y
Hi SCL
Thanks for that. Although I have checked it several times, even made sure there is power to it. But I failed to think to trace it to where it goes, or check that wire for continuity. I'll get that dune today. Thanks again.
Sonny
sonnyj1   +1y
Oh by the way, there used to be a toco stand about a block west of Nellis on Lake Mead.
Is it still there? That ole guy made the best burrito asada in the valley. I really miss LV.
Sonny
sincitylocal   +1y
Check for positive voltage at the injector plugs with the key on. Any time the ignition switch is in the run position, there is supposed to be positive voltage there. The ECM supplies the negative signal.

I drive all over the valley everyday. I don't know how long you've been gone, but there are so many taco shops in that area now, it would be hard to tell if it's still there without a name. Where do you call home now?
sonnyj1   +1y
Yea I left Vegas in 2000, so I'm sure its changed a little (grin). The place was an old white adobe house er restaurant on the right side going west from Nellis about 400 yards. I lived at Lake Mead and Castleberry in some old apartments, their proly gone now too.

Yep there's 12v on both wires in the injector plugs with the key on engine not turning.
sincitylocal   +1y
You need to get a noid light and check the injector circuits while cranking. You also want to verify fuel pressure.
sonnyj1   +1y
yep did that, not light, 55psi fuel pressure. I did replace the pump due to pressure down to around 20 psi. Replaced the regulator, then found the fuel lines on backwards. I inherited this job so it has been a real rats nest lol. Oh yea and it has a new map/maf sensor, what ever it is, its in the air intake line from the air filter.
And I forgot to mention, I live in western NC now.
sincitylocal   +1y
If the noid flashes when cranking, it verifies the injector circuit is working properly. So if you have fuel pressure, and the wiring/circuits are good, and you aren't getting fuel to the cylinders, then your injectors are bad. Have you ohm checked them?
I'm assuming you've checked your spark, right?
sonnyj1   +1y
Yep if when I pour a little gas down it, it starts right up. And the noid light doesn't light, eg no pulse.
Page 1 of 1