threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.6L \  Randomly Cuts out 2.6 liter.

Randomly Cuts out 2.6 liter.

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 700
replies 2
following 2

kam   +1y
I have a b2600i with a 2.6 L engine
it has NO oxygen sensors and NO cat.

anyway, for the most part. It works well. Sometimes she runs a little rich, but... Im not that bothered by the everyday operation.

HOWEVER

On some, but not all occasions, (this happens about 1ce every 3 days)
When I push the clutch pedal down and release the gas pedal, instead of going into idle, the engine RPM drops down to zero, and the check engine and battery light come on. If I keep the clutch down and turn the key, it comes RIGHT back to life.

She seems to do it in specific areas, especially on a downhill section before a sharp right turn. Don't know if this is my driving, or something else.

This NEVER occurs with the clutch pedal UP. I have stalled, but that is for different reasons.

ALSO:::
The one time this happened on the highway, during a gear change, I attempted to see if the engine would start if instead of turning the key, I simply put it in high gear and let the engine spin up from the road. This did not work. The engine would not start. But, when i turned the key, it worked again.

It would seem this is some electrical issue. Any ideas?
cankiller   +1y
Definitely think its electrical, had and old dakota that did the same thing. But I never did figure out the problem.
kam   +1y
Anybody have suggestions to look at?
Page 1 of 1