Mazda 2.6L \  2.6 engine downgrade swap to a 2.2 VS. walking on foot

2.6 engine downgrade swap to a 2.2 VS. walking on foot

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 929
replies 4
following 3

penitr8r   +1y
original vehicle

I have a 91' b2600i mazda 4x4 it came with 4cyl.2.6lit12 valve single overhead cam
the transmission is a standerd 5 speed with a tranfer case that has 2High,4High 4Low

the 2.6 liter engine is unavailable to me at the moment.what is available is the 2.2 liter engine fuel injected.

my Question:
Is it possable to bolt on a 2.2liter 8 valve single overhead valve (or cam) onto the original standerd 5speed tranmission with a tranfer case 2H,4H & 4L ?

& if yes what are the pro's & con's or other facters that I would be dealing with?

thank you for reading my thread!
chaserjohndoe   +1y
no. the 2600 and 2600i are incompatible with the 2.0 and 2.2, completely different bell housing for the transmission.
penitr8r   +1y
my situation:
engine-bad
transmission-still good

although im going to wait for Tyranitors or axlebreakererals opinion untill I believe that, im still going to cling on to what choices of options I have available or as some might label it as denial.

B-seriese trucks as well as the MPV mini vans,engine sizes range from 2.0 liter to 3.0

Question:

Is there any other "Mazda engine" that I can slightly modify so that it can attach to my 5spd. manual 4x4 transmission?

thanks for reading
and thanks in advance for your replys
and thanks 4 responding so promtly "ChaserJohnDoe"!
Cusser   +1y

Correct.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
I think the MPV 3.0 bolts right up to the 2600 trans.
Page 1 of 1